Friday, November 21, 2008

Characters

Okay so I have just recently decided to write a book. I figure the best way to get feedback on it and if I should continue to finish writing it or if i should just stop right now is to write it in a blog and let people comment on it. Here it is!

Running, that's all she ever did then a problem came up these days. She could hear Brett behind her getting closer, if ever she could disappear now would be the time. "Jackelyn", he yelled, "I just want to talk about it. Don't make this hard, just hand it over and I will go." Yeah right, she thought, like she would ever just hand it over to him. There, through the branches, she caught a glimpse of the reason she had headed this way in the first place. The branches were just low enough here, she could climb fast. Her whole plan was hinged on this moment, whether or not she had enough time to get far enough up the tree before Brett came around the bend and saw her. Grabbing the lowest branch, she heaved herself up and stood on it grabbing the next branch, she worked quickly, pulling her body up to the spot where two branches forked and she was hidden. Just in time, there was Brett below looking this way and that, wondering where she had gone. "Jackelyn," he yelled again, " I know you can hear me! I can't believe my grandfather gave it to you for safe keeping instead of me." He got quiet. "Jackie please." She could barely stand it when he got all quiet and said her name like that, the way that meant I am sorry, please forgive me, I still love you. It made her want to give him everything, because she was still in love with him. Oh no, not this time! She'd had enough, he was not the same guy who had written love notes to her in high school. She did not know this person below her and she was not giving him what he wanted, no matter what he said or how he said her name! Then it happened, the moment she had feared would come, but that she prayed would not. He looked up, "Ah, there you are Jackie." She closed her eyes, as he continued, " I knew I would find you, you never were good at playing hide and seek.



So, this part is like the prelude or something. It's like the thing on the back of the book or on the inside flap that gets you interested in the book. Haha well let me know what you think please!

1 comment:

~Crystal said...

I like it! Keep going!