Thursday, March 12, 2009

Depending on people or being a burden?

So this morning I had oral surgery so I am not allowed by my doctors to do very much for about 24 hours, which frankly stinks because other than a little pain I feel fine. I was really hungry after the anaesthesia wore off so my mom and sisters made me some soup although it didn't taste to good because I cant have anything hot so we had to let it cool down first and soup just isn't soup when its cold. So for dinner my dad and Cayla went to the store and bought me instant potatoes because the rest of my family was having chicken potpie. Dad was half-way done with his dinner when I finally asked if he could make me some potatoes when he was finished and Cayla said she would make me some well awhile later I was still hungry and there weren't any potatoes made so I asked again and I guess it was the wrong time to ask cause dad got upset and yell saying "Yes I will make the stupid potatoes now!" Which made me feel like I was being a burden because I couldn't make them myself and someone had to stop what they were doing just to make my food. I hate feeling like I am being a burden to anyone at all it feels horrible, so I try harder to do everything myself so I'm not a burden and end up failing and be more of a burden then ever. So, what I have learned today is that I can't do everything myself and this goes along with my relationship with God too, I have to let him take control I can't do everything myself and I will fail if I try to! I realize that my dad wasn't angry at me for asking and he wasn't angry that he had to make the potatoes he was upset that the kids weren't obey and I had just added to his load.

No comments: