Saturday, November 8, 2008

End of Times

I have been thinking lately about when Jesus is going to come again and what brings this coming about. Now I like writing about topics that I am still exploring myself so feel free to comment on what I am saying! I do not know everything and you may see something a different way then I did that will give more in site into that topic.
So, I was reading in the book of Revelations on my way to a harvest party and I was having a discussion with my mom on the end times. As I was reading out of my backpack bible to my mom I had a thought about one of the passages it was in chapter 12 verses 13-16 if you are going to read it I recommend reading the whole chapter or you may get confused. It says " 13 when the dragon (Satan) saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 The woman was given two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the desert, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and a half a time, out of the serpents reach. 15 Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to over take the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. 16 But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth." When I read that last part I had the thought that the earth opening up was how the Grand Canyon was made. My mom said that I was probably just being silly but I really think that it is a possibility.

I was also reading in chapter 13 and in verse 5 it says " The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for forty-two months." My mom stated the fact that forty-two months is equal to four years, which I thought is also how long the president is in office before he has to apply for re-election. I was a bit disturbed when I heard that the people in other country's where dancing and chanting Obama's name through out their streets when he was elected. That coupled with verses 7 & 8 of chapter 13 have me wondering when the time will come? They state, " He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast - all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world." I know that the end of times is not going to be brought about by just one person like a lot of people have said and thought. Yes it starts out as one person but it quickly will be more than just one if you read on in Revelations you will read about another beast that promotes the first beast.

I realize that when Jesus comes back and the tribulation is over we will be with him and everything will be new and beautiful. But I struggle with thoughts of what I want and if he comes back right now what I would not get to have. Because I want to graduate and get married, build my ranch and have kids. But those are all what I want, not me saying what ever your will is God have your way. I have a hard time telling God he can have his way in my life and relinquishing hold on stuff in my life. I apologize if this is all a mess and you have a hard time reading it. I have decided to just write down my thoughts and right now they are pretty jumbled up so this may reflect my thoughts. Well this is it my thoughts on the matter.

1 comment:

~Crystal said...

Wow good thoughts! I haven't studied Revelation very much b/c it would be so time consuming to actually understand it, but it's on my list of something to do someday! :)