Friday, October 24, 2008

Abortion

So, I have been reading this book, "Lord Foulgrins Letters" By Randy Alcorn and it's about these letters that a demon lord is writing to his demon lackey. In these letters he is describing to his lackey how to inhibit him from finding out about God and Angels. I have recently been thinking more about where I stand on important issues. So, when I came across this passage in the book that struck a chord in me about abortion. This is the demon Lord Foulgrin talking about people, ""Why are children killing children?" they cry out, as if this were some great mystery. I get such a laugh every time they ask. Millions of adults kill their smallest children every year just because it's convenient, while society self-righteously defends it. Gee, I wonder where these kids got the idea killing children is okay?" I believe this is a true statement about our society today. I believe that abortion is wrong, I believe that there are so many people who rant and rave and say that abortion is a women's right, that she should be able to choose if she wants the baby or not. Someone told me the other day that when a guy wants to give up his say in the life of the baby, that the mother has to release him from it, I am not sure if it true or not, but if it is true, then I believe that if the father of the baby does not want the mother to have an abortion he should have a say in the decision she makes. I am very passionate on the subject and I know that pro-choice people are passionate about their stand also. My speech teacher got me started on thinking about this she told the class to be prepared to have a debate sometime this semester and gave us three subjects she may have us debate on, this was one of them. So ever since I have been thinking and developing where I stand on these issues. These are my thoughts on the subject and how I feel, take them as you may, but they are mine.

1 comment:

~Crystal said...

Yeah girl! If you do debate it, I know you'll do awesome and represent us who believe in Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness!!